Accessing the non-working days (holidays tab):
- Click on the Performset icon (1).
- Click on the Configure tab (2).
- Select the Holidays page (3).
The following are instructions for the use of the Holidays tab to create and maintain the non-working days specifications involved in your solution.
If required, please see the article named Define Non-Working Days for an explanation of when and why to configure non-working days, including examples.
Rename or Add Holidays
- Select a name from the drop-down list (1).
- If required, click on the Rename button (2) and key in a suitable name.
- To add a new holiday pattern, click on the Add button (3). Key in a suitable name (1).
- To remove a holiday pattern, click on Delete button (4) to delete a holiday pattern.
Rename an Existing Public Holidays set
To change a name, choose the corresponding Holidays set from the drop-down list (1) and select the Rename button (2).
Add a new Public Holidays set
A new Public Holidays set can be introduced to your performance measurement solution by selecting the Add button (3).
If no longer required an existing Holidays set can deleted (4).
Add a description that relates to your business as example shown (5).
Define a Public Holiday or other Non Working Day
- Select the year and month of the calendar. Click on the non-working day, such as a public holiday (1).
- Click the Add button (2) to add the selected date.
- A list of non-working dates will be added to the list (3).
It will often be the case that for one or more of your contractual service level agreements cover will not be provided during one or more public holidays or other specific non-working days.
*Note: this does not include regular weekdays (e.g. no cover on Mondays) or weekend days (e.g. no cover on Saturdays and/or Sundays) since these are defined using the Business Hours tab.
Define Public Holidays or Non-Working Days in the Calendar
Select the corresponding date using the calendar (1) and Add (2) each public holiday or non-working day to the list associated with the Holidays set (3).
If the SLA for an initial response is 1 hr, and working hours are specified as Monday to Thursday 9am thru 5pm, but Fri 4th July is defined as a non-working day
- If a ticket arrives at 4:30pm on Thursday 3rd July the due date/time for an initial response will be 9:30am Monday 7th July
- If a ticket arrives at any time Fri 4th July the due date/time for an initial response will be 10:00am Monday 7th July
Remove a Public Holiday or other Non Working Day
- Check the boxes with holiday dates of the past (1).
- Click on the Delete button (2).
- Click on the Save button (3).
Once the date has passed or an invalid entry has been made it is possible to delete a public holiday or non-working day by checking the corresponding box (1) and selecting the Delete button (2).