Holidays are used to specify individual days in the calendar when your agents will not be available to work on the completion of events (see Creating and Maintaining Non-Working Days).
If the working hours have been defined as Monday to Friday, 9am thru 5pm, Friday 4th July has been specified as a holiday and the SLA for an initial response is 1hr:
- If the ticket arrives at 4:30pm on Thursday 3rd July, then the initial response isn't required until 9:30am Monday 7th July
- If the ticket arrives at 10am on Friday 4th July, then the initial response isn't required until 10am Monday 7th July
Depending upon the SLA contracts in place with each of your customers and the location of your agents it might be necessary to create multiple alternative sets of holidays.
- You might have an agreement in place with some of your customers that agents will be available to respond and work on tickets 24x7x365 including all public holidays, whilst for others their SLA Policy covers 24x7x365 not including public holidays
By creating multiple sets of holidays these can be grouped together with a set of business hours and a time zone to create a Region to be assigned to tickets along with an Policy (see Specify Regional Timezones).
Specifying Business Hours during Holidays
- If the holiday falls on a Monday and the business hours for a Monday are specified as 9am thru 5pm, then it will be assumed that cover is provided during the public holiday between 9am and 5pm.
- *Note: It isn't possible to define specific working hours during public holidays