Accessing the Regions page
- Click on the Performset icon (1).
- Select the Configure tab (2).
- Select the Regions page (3).
- New Regions can be Added or existing Regions can be Edited (1).
- To Add or Edit each parameter, clicking on the Add or Delete button (1). This opens a new window (2).
- A list of Field Value Conditions that must be satisfied are shown on the left-hand side (3).
- A choice of Field Value Conditions that should be satisfied are shown on the right-hand side (4).
- Press Delete button to delete a region (5),
- One the Field Value Conditions have been met, click buttons Cancel or OK (6).
- It is essential to choose a time zone (1) relevant to the event region. Either drag the pin (4) to the required location or select the country from the drop-down list (2).
- Example default settings for the drop-down list (3).
When a ticket is created, in addition to an Policy assignment to determine the amount of time an agent is given to complete an event (e.g. an initial response or resolution of a ticket), a Region should be assigned to the ticket (see Creating and Maintaining Regions).
In order to accurately calculate by when each event must be completed, it will be necessary to determine the timezone within which the submitter of a ticket is located.
The Timezone is used together with the Business Hours and Holidays to determine exactly when work will take place on the ticket and so by when the completion of the event is due.
- You might have contracts in place with a customer based on the US West Coast and a second customer based on the US East Coast, both of which include an SLA for an initial response within 1 hour between 9am and 5pm
- If a ticket is submitted by US West Coast based customer at 10am PST (1pm EST) then the due date/time will be calculated as 11am PST
- If a ticket is submitted by US East Coast based customer at 1pm EST (10am PST) then the due date/time will be calculated as 12pm EST
- If a ticket is submitted by the US West Coast based customer at 7am PST (10am EST) then the due date/time will be calculated as 10am PST
- If a ticket is submitted by the US West Coast based customer at 3pm PST (6pm EST) then the due date/time will be calculated as 4pm PST
- If a ticket is submitted by the US East Coast based customer at 6pm EST (3pm PST) then the due date/time will be calculated as 10am EST the next working day
*Note: depending upon the nature of your business the regional timezone might be based on the geographical location of the agents assigned to work on different types of categories of ticket.
Timezones in the Agent Interface
The calculated due date/time is recorded against the ticket in Zendesk and displayed in the Performset Assistant based on the TimeZone associated with the Region assigned to the ticket.
In ideal circumstances the ticket would be assigned to an agent based in the same timezone and operating within the associated Working Hours.
However, depending upon the agreed Working Hours it is possible that the ticket might be assigned or reassigned to an agent working in a different timezone at some stage.
Overriding the Region Defaults
There might be certain rules or circumstances under which the default Working Hours and/or Public Holidays associated with a Region don't always apply.
For example a ticket with an urgent priority might be covered by 24x7 working hours.